Advertisements

Latest Comments

1. Allan Richardson says:

Lyle, I’m glad that you found my photos of the derelict hulls interesting. You have, as they say, quite a few keepers on your blog. That’s a monster lens … 500mm? Stay creative.

• lylekrahn says:

Well there’s not too many derelict hulls on the prairies! Glad you found a few photos you liked around here. Yes it is a monster 500 lens – great fun until I start hauling it around! After a few decades of drooling and postponing the purchase, it because part of the 25th wedding anniversary gift exchange!

2. Kavita Joshi says:

Hey Lylekrahn, I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award!

Please accept and follow the rules
    Many congratulations dearโ€ฆ

3. Kavita Joshi says:

Loved reading about you…quiet a good read I would say and life seems good from your point of view…seems like more connected to the gateway of happiness…

4. dda53 says:

I have enjoyed the reading and looking at your beautifully captured pictures. Looking forward to seeing more. Take Care!

5. foresterartist says:

Wow Lyle, I don’t even know were to start other than to say you photography is spectacular!

6. RobynG says:

Hi Lyle. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and liking several posts. I look forward to seeing your work. Blessings, Robyn

7. biljanazovkic says:

Glad i discovered these interesting ,wonderful photos ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Pierre Cenerelli says:

Stunning photos, thank you for sharing!

9. Travel Spirit says:

Hello Lyle…thanks for stopping by my blog. Of course you know you’re very talented…but it’s nice to hear it again! I look forward to following your adventures and I hope joy becomes a part of your life every day!! ~Sherry~

10. dweezer19 says:

Thanks for checking out my blog. Reading your bio was like finding a friend. How many early mornings in Costa Rica did I awaken to the sounds of the birds calling me from my sleep or a few howlers teasing me with their luring call to get up and grab my camera, beat it to the porch and scan the surrounding mesh of trees and vines just in case they decided to present themselves visibly. Yep, photography of wildlife is quite addictive. I Love your photos and Look forward to checking them all out. Thank you for sharing your passion.

• lylekrahn says:

The addiction is real along with the highs and lows but the joy overshadows it all. I have had so much fun getting the photos and telling their stories on my blog. Thanks for the kind comments.

11. Thea Christie says:

Hi! I nominated you for a “very inspiring blogger award!” Enjoy ! ๐Ÿ™‚

12. janina says:

I’m glad I’m not behind you in your Jeep Liberty when you’re ‘scouting’ for something to photograph….kinda dangerous, I’d have thot! Keep being inspired by Nature, she’s truly wonderful, and your humour.

• lylekrahn says:

Glad you like my humour, sometimes it can be an acquired taste. Following the Jeep would be quite safe from my perspective. The worst that happens is that I get stuck. Thanks for coming along for a ride around the blog.

13. Mark1 says:

Very nice site. I’m about the same age. I love your line, “A family that suddenly isn’t young anymore.” Mine too! For me, I am glad and sad about that at the same time. In some ways I think, wow, got through that, all have jobs and no ones in jail. In other ways I wish I could do it all over again. In the end I think, “Give me more grand babies!” – I miss holding the little ones. –Mark–

• lylekrahn says:

Glad you like the site. Each stage of parenting has been an interesting experience and we have always looked forward to the next stage. Now it’s certainly a lot quieter around the empty house. I found the baby stage the toughest of all – that one I don’t miss but it sounds like you did better with that.

14. angela says:

your photos are beautiful..:)

15. jgann22 says:

Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope you enjoyed! And keep in touch!

16. ajaytao2010 says:

Very nice reading about you and hope to visit soon

Thanks visit my blog Ajaytao2010@wordpress.com. Browse through the category sections, I feel you may find something of your interest.

17. photographymemoirs says:

Greetings from Australia,
    What a beautiful series of photographs, the subject theme, composition and lighting are all excellent. You can see clearly that you’re passionate about wildlife, as I am but unfortunately we don’t have the same diversity as you do in North America. Brilliant work. Take care and God bless

18. Seenorwaynorway says:

I’m a bit curious, Lyle, but how long are your so calles ‘long lense’ over there? What is needed in your parts of the world to get the shots that you do?

• lylekrahn says:

After eyeing the lens for a decade or so, I finally got a 500mm lens last year that I typically use with a 1.4 extender. That gets me the bird shots and distant wildlife. The other wildlife lens I use probably just as often is my 70-200mm. It all depends on what I happen to see and how close it is. Is that different than your part of the world?

19. senczyjawa says:

Thanks for the Like on my blog. Youโ€™ve got some wonderful images here! I’m impressed. GOOD JOB! ๐Ÿ™‚

20. dini says:

i love your photos one by one!!!!!!!!! i love your style and you โ€œeyeโ€!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. The Sicilian Housewife says:

Hi! Iโ€™ve nominated your blog for the Sunshine Award, which is an award for bloggers who positively and creatively inspire other bloggers. Hereโ€™s my post on the award:

22. che'hanin says:

Thanks for noticing me and stopping by at my blog. Your photos are truly amazing, thus I am now following you and can’t wait to see more.

23. petrel41 says:

Well deserved ๐Ÿ™‚

24. petrel41 says:

Happy 2013, lyle!

Good news: I have nominated your blog for the Versatile Blogger Award.

See for the rules of the award:

Enjoy!

25. 1107photography says:

Thanks for stopping by my photoblog and leaving a note. I enjoyed reading your About page and hope to keep up with yours as well. I think we share a lot in common with our photography approach and enjoyment!

26. sherijkennedyriverside says:

Thanks so much for ‘liking’ my Breathing Space photo and leading me to your fabulous blog. I’m looking forward to following and enjoying these moments with you. I know the feeling you describe on this page when you see that amazing shot or enjoy the water on the rocks. Thanks for sharing your work and pleasure!

27. photographybycalliec says:

Magic shots,absolutely stunning.The only place I see ice is in the freezer, Id love to go over to your part of the world to see all the beauty.
    Cheers Callie

• lylekrahn says:

If you come, make sure to get some warmer clothes! I love the beauty of snow and ice but it can get freezing cold. There are so many scenes that you post that are completely foreign to me as well. That really is makes blogging fun – catching glimpses of other people’s worlds.

28. The Earth Beneath My Feet says:

Thank you for stopping by my blog and giving me the opportunity to take in your beautiful photos. Regards, Karen

29. SpeciesSpeak says:

Your photos are spectacular–as is, apparently, the wildlife of Saskatchewan! (I know one other fabulous thing about your province: Tommy Douglas.) Thank you for your work.

30. linda sawtell says:

Beautiful pictures Lyle. It looks like you’re having lots of fun along the way.

31. Mandy says:

Thank you for a refreshingly beautiful blog. It will be a privlege to follow.

32. dapontephotography says:

Thanks for the like on my post Gifts From the Universe. The best part of all is it lead me to yours and your great photos!

33. Mary says:

Thank you for visiting my blog. I’m really enjoying your body of work and looking forward to many more photographs.

34. ivonprefontaine says:

Lyle, thank you for stopping and liking a recent post. Your photography is incredible. The porcupine was really quite neat and the life you gave to the marsh was excellent. I look forward to viewing more of your wonderful pictures as I follow your pictorial blogging.

Take care,

Ivon

35. MikeW says:

Lyle, there are too many captures on your home page that I would write praise for, and too little time. Here is the one I want to focus on right now. “Blinding Stare.” The 14 rays coming from the sun and enlivening the waters give it the sense of what it really is, a star. Inspiring. I am going to copy my family with your blog address so that they may also be inspired. I hope that the sharing of your site will bring a critical mass of the acclaim you deserve.

36. Uma says:

Your photographs are really beautiful : )

37. Ewa says:

Hi, I nominated you for The One Lovely Blog Award. Itโ€™s not mandatory but I hope you’ll like it ๐Ÿ™‚
    You can find out more about the nomination here: http://fotshot.wordpress.com/2012/11/03/one-lovely-blog-award-nomination.
    I love photos on your blog. All of them are amazing.

38. Bob Zeller says:

I noticed that you stopped by my blog. Thank you for doing so. In reading your “about me” page, I think you are my kind of guy. Your attitude about shooting wildlife and taking things as they come. I do the same, just drive with one camera on my lap with a 100-400mm zoom, on the console between the seats, is another camera with a 500mm lens. In the passenger seat is my bride of 54 years, and she is listing all the birds that we see. We don’t shoot zoos, etc, either. We gotta be in the wild. Love your shots and narratives. ๐Ÿ™‚

• lylekrahn says:

Thanks for the kind comments. It’s good to hear about someone else with the same approach. Although it sounds like you folks are far better are identifying birds.

39. Where Is Lori Now says:

The moment you mentioned your Jeep and Camera in your lap, I knew I was going to like you…I’m a Jeep girl (1998 Wrangler) and although I’m new to photography, I am totally in love with the entire adventure that photography brings me on. I look forward to reading about your adventures and seeing your photos along the way. Thanks for the inspiration.

40. Sid Dunnebacke says:

Your dream turns out to be our gain – your photos are fabulous, and your accompanying stories are as well. I’m looking forward to what’s to come here.

41. lizziejoy10 says:

Just to let you know that I have nominated you for some awards. Please click on this link for details: http://lizziejoysphotosuite.com/2012/10/13/the-road-you-choose-to-travel/
    Blessings from Lizzie Joy

42. faizelismail says:

You do Great work..

43. MikeW says:

Great stuff Lyle. Many wishes for success and joy in your endeavors.

44. lizziejoy10 says:

Your photographs are beautiful. They have brought joy to my day. Thank you. Blessings from Lizzie Joy

45. 2ndhalfolife says:

Wonderful work. I’m just starting out. Thanks for noticing my work!

46. Brian says:

No echo here. I can tell a lot of great work went into this. Nice job Lyle.

I'd love to hear what you are thinking ...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s